The Award-winning National Geographic Magazine
*FREE NATGEO FLEECE JACKET WITH EVERY ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
National Geographic Magazine, monthly magazine of geography, archaeology, anthropology, and exploration, providing the armchair traveler with literate and accurate accounts and unsurpassed photographs and maps to comprehend those pursuits. It is published in Washington, D.C.
The magazine was founded in 1888 and published by a nonprofit corporation, the National Geographic Society. The society originally intended the periodical to be oriented toward the United States, but the nature of its articles soon made it a magazine with a world view. Under the editorship of Gilbert Hovey Grosvenor, it attained a circulation of 1,000,000 by 1926. National Geographic was one of the first magazines to reproduce colour photographs, and it was also the leader in printing photographs of undersea life, views from the stratosphere, and animals in their natural habitats (exotic or endangered animals are often subjects). The magazine became world famous for its richly illustrated articles on the various geographic regions of the world. Meanwhile, it kept to its creed: “Only what is of a kindly nature is printed about any country or people.” These features included substantial information on the environmental, social, and cultural aspects of the areas covered and their peoples. Proceeds from the magazine helped support the society’s scientific expeditions.
National Geographic stories take you on a journey that's always enlightening, often surprising, and unfailingly fascinating.
- Newsstand Price for 12 issues: $110.40
- Publication months: Jan - Dec
- Prices are inclusive of prevailing GST.
- Free full digital access, including archive tablet and browser editions.
- All subscription fees are non-refundable.
- Cover images showed are old issues, latest issues always feature a non-repeating topic.
- Order will be fulfilled with the latest available issue based on date of ordering
- Please allow 3 working days to receive a confirmation email stating the subscription commencement date.